It's Cathkin Park, also known as second Hampden, where the old terraces complete with crush barriers are still visible.
It was here in 1894 that the first ever Scottish Cup final between Celtic and Rangers was played, in addition to being the venue for football’s first ‘World Championship’ game, contested by heavy hitters Renton, of West Dunbartonshire, and Midlands side West Brom on 19 May, 1888.
The Baggies, FA Cup winners at the time, challenged Scottish Cup winners Renton to an exhibition match where the winner would walk away with the title: ‘Champions of the United Kingdom and the World.’
Around 6,000 people turned up to watch the match at Cathkin, which Renton won 4-1 and today, the trophy can be admired in the Hampden Park museum.
The ground was also home to Queen's Park between 1884 and 1903 after the club left the original Hampden when it was shut.
They later moved a few hundred yards down the road into the third and current Hampden Park where Scotland also play after it was decided the venue was too small to host major matches.
A team called Third Lanark took over, renamed it Cathkin Park and stayed until 1967.
According to the Scottish FA, Cathkin was active as an international venue from 1885 and began with an 8-2 victory against Ireland. It's final match saw a game against England finish 1-1 five years later, and for football stadium enthusiasts this small patch of grass is definitely worth a visit.
Retro Football Blog is on Facebook and Twitter (@retrofootyblog)